I guess I think of most cereal as non-nutritional and just "filler," but, I found the following information from General Mills to be very interesting:
Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children’s diets.
Other cereal benefits:
- Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children’s diets.
- Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child’s diet today.
- More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.
Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals to help your family come together at the breakfast table every morning.
So, go get yourself a bowl and spoon and pour yourself some General Mills cereal! Plenty to choose from! Two of our favorites: Honey Nut Cheerios and the new Trix Swirls! Mmm!
GIVEAWAY ALERT!Want to WIN IT? I've got a voucher for one free box of any General Mills cereal!
To enter, tell me what your favorite cereal is!
For additional entries (must do above to qualify for extra entries!),
- Follow my blog publicly via a feed reader, networked blogs, or subscribe by email (must confirm subscription). Comment and let me know! If you're already a follower/subscriber, comment and let me know! (1 entry)
- Blog about my giveaway and leave me a link to your post! (1 entry)
- Enter my giveaway URL into another blog's giveaway McLinky and send me the link so I can see it! (1 entry)
- Snag my blog button (in the far right column) and leave a comment with the link! (1 entry)
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway! (1 entry)
**Disclosure: I was provided with VIP coupons, the online coupon link, and the information from General Mills and MyBlogSpark.**
Tags: General Mills